Nine million Canadians don’t have the dental care they need. The NDP just fixed that!
Now we’ve all got something to smile about.
The Canadian Dental Care Plan
This comprehensive plan will ensure that no Canadian has to choose between fixing a toothache and putting food on the table.
You will only be able to register when your registration window opens up.
When that happens you can visit the Canadian Dental Plan page to sign yourself up for the plan, or, you can sign up below and we will send you reminders and help you to sign up when your turn comes.
Viewing this page on a mobile device? Scroll down to sign up.
The Application Process
Starting mid-December 2023, seniors 87 and older will get letters about the CDCP, followed by younger age groups each month until March 2024.
The letter will have a code and instructions to apply by phone.
Seniors age 65-70, disability tax credit holders and parents of children under 18 must apply online.
CDCP coverage starts in May 2024 for seniors first. Coverage start dates depend on your group, when you apply, and how quickly your enrolment is processed.
The CDCP is expanding to include seniors, children under 18 and people with disabilities.
Eventually all Canadians who meet the following criteria will qualify:
- Lack of access to private dental insurance.
- Adjusted family net income below $90,000.
- Canadian residency for tax purposes.
- Having filed a tax return in the previous year.
Note: Canadian residents already covered by provincial, territorial or federal dental programs can still be eligible for the CDCP.
When can I Apply?
|Seniors aged 77 to 86
|Starting January 2024
|Seniors aged 72 to 76
|Starting February 2024
|Seniors aged 70 to 71
|Starting March 2024
|Seniors aged 65 to 69
|Starting May 2024
|Adults with DTC certificate
|Starting June 2024
|Children under the age of 18
|Starting June 2024
|All eligible Canadians
|Later in 2024/2025
Depending on your family's income, you might need to pay a small part of the bill. This amount is paid to your dentist.
Typical Services Covered
- Preventive services, including scaling (cleaning), polishing, sealants, and fluoride
- Diagnostic services, including examinations and x-rays
- Endodontic services, including root canal treatments
- Prosthodontic services, including complete and partial removable dentures
- Periodontal services, including deep scaling
- Oral surgery services, including extractions