Peter is Toronto-Danforth's progressive champion at Queen's Park. Currently the interim leader of the ONDP, Peter became the NDP MPP for Toronto-Danforth in a 2006 by-election. He was re-elected in 2007, 2010, 2014, 2018 and in the recent June 2022 campaign where he scored a decisive victory.
Peter brings fresh, bold ideas to Queen’s Park on tackling the climate crisis, renewable energy and job creation.
- Served as Jack Layton’s climate change advisor, a Toronto city councillor and the executive director of Greenpeace Canada
- Twice been voted Best MPP by readers of NOW Magazine
- Helped lead the fight against the privatization of Hydro and worked to keep communities safe from toxins while protecting our future from the effects of climate change as the Ontario NDP's long-serving Critic for Energy and the Climate Crisis
- Pressured the previous government to expand rent control to new units in Ontario that were excluded by the Mike Harris era rent control limits
- Introduced important pieces of legislation to fight the climate crisis including bills to:
- Ban fracking
- Address the health impacts of the climate crisis
- Make it easier to sue fossil fuel companies for the damage they create
- Accelerate climate action through the use of public sector purchasing power and other tools at the province’s disposal
You can learn more about Peter here.
Do you want to get in touch with Peter?
923 Danforth Ave
Toronto, ON, M4J 1L8
Clare Hacksel was our federal candidate in the 2021 election. You can learn more about Clare here.
Ward 14 Toronto-Danforth's City Councillor is Paula Fletcher.
- Councillor Paula Fletcher's website
- City of Toronto Councillor page
- Phone: 416-392-4060
- Email: [email protected]
Sara Ehrhardt is the TDSB School Trustee-Elect and will assume the role on November 15. She'll be replacing Jennifer Story, who after eight years of dedication and success as our public school trustee, decided not to run for re-election in the 2022 municipal election.
The TCDSB Trustee is Angela Kennedy.