Ontario is Burning! – we all experienced the smoke in Toronto and across the province from out of control forest fires. Across the country and around the world we witnessed catastrophic fires, floods, and droughts.
Climate change is very real, right here and now. The direct, current effect on our health through extreme heat and poor air quality is adding a layer of urgency to addressing our dependence on fossil fuel.
Through this panel, we will emphasize the immediate impact of climate change, address the urgent need to phase-out fossil fuel, the options available to us, the resistance to change, and policy issues we face, primarily at the provincial level.
- Angela Bischoff, Director, Ontario Clean Air Alliance
- Peter Tabuns, Toronto-Danforth MPP, Official Opposition Critic for Environment & Climate Change
- Julia Levin, Associate Director, National Climate at Environmental Defense
- Keith Brooks, Programs Director at Environmental Defense
- Dr Mili Roy, Ontario Regional Co-Chair of the Canadian Association of Physicians for the Environment (CAPE) and Co-chair of the Ontario Climate Emergency Campaign (OCEC)