Meeting Date: May 30, 2019
Meeting Time: 7:00 – 9:00 p.m.
Registration is open from 6:00 – 7:30 p.m.
Voting starts at approximately 7:45 p.m.
Meeting Location: Metropolitan Community Church of
115 Simpson Avenue
(The venue is accessible)
- Speakers: Peter Tabuns, MPP, Olivia Chow, Jennifer Story, TDSB Trustee and Craig Scott.
- Voter Eligibility: Only individual members in good standing as of April 30 whose ordinary residence is within the riding boundaries are eligible to vote. Members in good standing who maintain their membership in a riding other than the riding in which they live are eligible to vote only in the riding in which they live. It will be necessary for such individuals to provide evidence of their membership. Members in good standing that move into a riding within the 30-day period prior to a nomination meeting are eligible to vote at the meeting provided they can provide confirmation of their ordinary residence.
- Voter ID Requirements: Government-issued documents like an Ontario driver’s licence, passport, Ontario photo card, Ontario health card, Ontario motor vehicle permit, statement of government benefits (child tax benefit, old age security, etc), Any document issued by the Government of Canada, Ontario or a municipality in Ontario or from an agency of such a government, Any document issued by a band council in Ontario. Other acceptable documents that include your name: utility bill (gas, hydro, etc.), cell phone bills, bank/credit card statement, school admissions letter, school transcript/report card, school tuition/fees statement, cancelled personalized cheque, cheque stub, T4 tax slip or pay receipt issued by an employer, CNIB identity card, hospital record/document, insurance policy/statement, loan/agreement with a financial institution, or residential lease, rental or mortgage agreement/statement.
- This is the only voting location. There will be no advance polls. The period for candidate nomination has passed.
- A light snack will be offered as some will be opening their fast at sunset
Directions to MCC Toronto –
115 Simpson Avenue
Driving: Take Howland one block north to Simpson from Gerrard, between Broadview and Logan.
From the King (504) or Dundas (505) streetcars – exit the streetcar at Jack Layton Way (Simpson Avenue is directly across the street.) Walk east on Simpson to the next block and you will find the church on the corner of Simpson and Howland.
From the Gerrard (506) streetcar – Get off the streetcar at Logan Ave. Simpson Avenue is one short block north.