Tell Julie Dabrusin to stop giving oil companies our tax dollars
Do you think the government should give $2.6 billion more in subsidies to big oil companies? We don’t.
But that’s what the Liberals are doing.
Sign our petition if you believe Julie Dabrusin’s Liberals are heading in the wrong direction and that we need to act quickly on the climate crisis.
We the undersigned, residents of Canada, draw the attention of the House to the following:
- THAT Canada has the worst climate action record in the G7;
- THAT despite promising to end fossil fuel subsidies, the Liberals continue to hand over billions of public dollars to profitable oil and gas companies;
- THAT under Trudeau, the oil and gas sector has received more public financial handouts than from any other country in the G20 – nearly $14 billion a year.
- THAT fossil fuel producers have received 14.5 times more public money than renewable energy producers;
- THAT big oil is making record profits and can afford to clean up their own pollution;
- THAT Canadians are worried about the climate crisis and expect their government to act.
THEREFORE, we call on the government to:
- Cancel fossil fuel subsidies and stop using Canadian taxpayer’s money to pay big oil to pollute;
- Re-invest those savings in clean energy, good jobs and help for Canadians struggling with the high cost of living;
- Bring in a windfall profits tax on big oil companies to make them pay what they owe.
Sign the petition.