ONDP Leader Andrea Horwath has been asking Doug Ford and his government to provide families, child care centres and other organizations with answers to specific questions regarding the COVID-19 situation the province is facing.
The questions are being asked on behalf of Ontarians include:
- Should parents be sending their kids to child care centres, or should those centres close over the next three weeks?
- What compensation will there be for waged workers who miss work to stay home with their children during the school closures?
- What protections will be in place to ensure workers cannot be fired or disciplined for missing work during this period?
- What provisions are being made for the children of health care workers who will be desperately needed during this pandemic?
- What economic supports will be available to small and medium-sized businesses that do the right thing and provide staff with the ability to stay home with their children, or to self-isolate?
- If Ontarians fall behind on their rents or mortgages through no fault of their own, how will they be protected from losing their home?
Thank you, Andrea and the ONDP MPPs for standing up for Ontarians during this difficult period! Read more.
We're sharing this very informative post from our City Councillor Paula Fletcher about the coronavirus (COVID-19). Please remember to check credible sources for updates and information.
We're also sharing this webpage from the Canadian Government which includes travel advice.
We can get through this together! 🧡